Monday, May 28, 2012

Jennifer & Keith; Married! (Kara Baker; Massachusetts Wedding Photographer)

Jen came to me about 6 months before her wedding to see if I had availability.  The funniest thing about being a wedding photographer is that I notice just how different each bride is.  I have booked weddings 2 years in advance and I have booked weddings 2 weeks in advance (and no, I am not joking).  Of course, the further out you book, the more likely your photographer (DJ, Venue, etc) will have your date available, but even great vendors still have weekends with free dates a month before.  I actually have an entire July weekend with nothing on the books which baffles me, but it happens.  Anyway, I digress...

Jen and I went to the same highschool.  She was a cheerleader and I was in the marching band.  Needless to say, our paths didn't cross very often, but she was always very congenial.  I was thrilled when she asked me to photograph her special day. When I first met Keith, I instantly saw their connection and could tell that Keith was 100% charismatic. 

The best thing about their day is that they scheduled it just.right.  The timing with the lighting couldn't have been anymore perfect.  A lot of people think that having their vows at sunset is perfect-- and maybe it is for them-- but it probably isn't for their photos.  Jen & Keith got to have their "formal" photos taken outside in the "golden hour" that is, that beautiful hour of yummy lighting right before sunset, when everything is warm with golden rays of sun just about to set.  These photos will make beautiful keepsakes on their walls forever-- and they'll never have to say "I wish those shadows weren't there!" or "I wish that sun wasn't in my eyes."  It was just perfect for them, which is all I ever want for my couples.

Enough, enough.  Just LOOK and see what I am talking about!








And here are a few more from before the ceremony:





And a few more of the ceremony and reception:








No comments:

Post a Comment