Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Baby, R

Little baby, R was only my second newborn that I have photographed. It was not any easier than the first. Newborns are probably (in my humble opinion) the most dfificult people to photograph. When photographing a newborn, ideally you want them in a nice, deep sleep so that they are moldable, however, newborns do have a mind of their own and don't always want to be so cooperative! The best time to photograph a newborn is within the first 10 days (or two weeks if you have to push it) of their little life. They are the most sleepy and moldable, and most of the baby acne has yet to kick in. Baby R was a teeny tiny 6 days old when I got to photograph him! Perfection!

He was adorable! Our session lasted over 4 hours (maybe closer to 5), which is a tad long for newborn sessions, but definitely not unheard of. We adults have to do everything in their time (brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of when my own son was a newborn)! All in all, I think we got some great shots and poses. I have yet to get "THE pose", which I know all of my photographer friends know about which pose I am speaking, but rest assured, when I finally DO get "the pose" I will definitely be blogging about it!


and one of Tinkerbel:

No comments:

Post a Comment