Friday, January 15, 2010

A Wedding on New Year's Day!

This blog feels like it's been a long time coming. It's really only been 14 days, but I feel like I have been working on these photos forever! I was very excited about shooting a wedding. My good friend, Bridget (who is also a photographer) allowed me the opportunity to co-shoot the wedding of one of her colleagues. I have to be honest; I totally underestimated the job of a wedding photographer. It is a hard job with a lot of work involved. I give wedding photographers a lot of credit. It was a lot of fun, but it was certainly challenging... and I did face my fair share of challenges. It was the perfect wedding to photograph for a photographer's first wedding. It was a small affair; there were only about 30 guests in attendance and the bride was very easy going, laid back, and really a pleasure to work with.

I am comfortable with the images I captured from this wedding. As I said, I know that there are certain mistakes that I made, but it was definitely a learning experience. I know what I need to work on, where my weaknesses lay, and I am going to focus a large amount of my energy on mastering those areas. With all that said, I would like to share some of the images from the wedding. I think that this is a fair representation of the images I captured as well as the stage I am at in my photography journey.



4 comments:

  1. Very good job for your first wedding. You have a lot of potential, and I am sure if this is really what you want to do, I think you will be very successful at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics! Keep up that good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, seriously Kara... these pictures look like they came out of a fancy magazine! You take brilliant shots, and I admire your choice of color and/or grayscale to truly capture the ambiance of the scene. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete