Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jenna & Matt: Married! Topsfield Commons Wedding; Kara Baker Photography

Jenna was referred to me by another wedding client of mine and I am SO glad she was.  She (and Matt) were true gems to work with.  I actually met them when I did their engagement session.  My son was in the hospital for his asthma (again) and I decided not to cancel the session and escape for a few hours.  Jenna and I instantly bonded over the fact that we both wore flats and ruined our flats in the mud of the farm that they chose for their E-session location. 

Honestly, most of that session was a blur to me.  Again, my 3 year old son was in the hospital, but I do remember how easy-going they were.  I was so glad I didn't cancel on them.  Jenna and I kept in touch via email right up until the big day about little things I would think of and little things that came up on her end.  We established a great relationship.  These are the best kinds of clients-- the ones that feel like friends when all is said and done.

I started the day at Jenna's parents house while my second shooter went ahead to the hotel where the guys were getting ready (and goofing off.. and apparently where the groom showed up quite late).  Jenna was so sweet and nervous.  I quickly snapped some detail shots and then she was into her dress and we were off to the church!



Jenna & Matt's wedding was beautiful.  They were married at St. Pius Church in Lynn, MA (which is a beautiful establishment with a wonderfully long aisle!) where Father Joe married them (he is hysterical by the way).  What I loved most about their ceremony is that both sets of parents walked each of their children down the aisle and each set of parents stood up next to their child as they said their vows.  As a mom, this touched me so deeply.  I would be so honored if my son asked me to stand up next to him at his wedding as he said his wedding vows. 



The formals went off without a hitch.  Jenna and Matt were hoping to join their guests for cocktail hour, but with the sun fading fast, I knew if we didn't get the photos done RIGHTNOW, we wouldn't have any light left for outdoor formals anytime later.  So we just snapped as quickly as we could.



 Their party-- er-- reception-- was lovely.  It was full of love and fun and celebration.  By the end of the night, everyone was up and dancing.  The two families have some serious dance moves!











1 comment:

  1. It looked to be a beautiful wedding, and it was well done. What really moved me almost to tears of joy was when you said that each parent walked with there children done the isle, and then when you said they stood next to them during their vows. That in of it self is beautiful. Thank you for sharing Kara.

    ReplyDelete