Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jeremy & Bryan; Married. ---- Kara Baker Boston Area Wedding Photographer

I believe in Fate. I don't believe so much in coincidence. I am a member of a photography message board online. It's been slow lately so I don't check in very often. One day a few weeks ago, I checked in and saw a message saying something to the effect of "I know it's a long shot, but are there any Boston wedding photographers out there?" I was the only one to answer the post. A mom was looking for a photographer to capture her son's wedding to the man he loves and all parties live out of state (mom from Texas and grooms from Washington State).

I was a little nervous at first. I had never shot a same-sex wedding before. I didn't feel like I knew quite "how to do it." I posted on another professional photographers message board and they all encouraged me and explained to me that "love is love." Period. You capture two people in love in the same fashion you would capture any other two people in love; regardless of sex, gender, age, race, etc. Love is love. And these two boys exuded love.

I was happy to help bring their day together by picking up their flowers, getting their wedding cake delivered to me, and bringing everything together for them at the Arnold Arboretum in Boston. It was a GORGEOUS day with lots of sun (we all know how I hate shooting in sun!). I did the best I could and ended up with some beautiful captures for the grooms to last them a lifetime and Mom was happy too. As long as every one is happy, I can conclude that I did my job well, and nothing makes me more happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment