Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Mini Sessions Complete!

So for the first time in my lifetime (at least of which that I am aware) we got a snowstorm before Halloween! When was the snowstorm scheduled to start? Why, the day of my mini sessions, of course! My super, awesome clients helped me re-arrange my day so that we could fit FIVE out of the six scheduled sessions in before the rain and snow started. I cancelled the sixth session a couple of hours prior to their appointment time and I'm so glad I did because just as I finished the fifth, the sky opened. As always though, I believe things happen for a reason and the photos that family number six got were so beautiful and special to them too because they got to pick their own location (given that they were the only family left that hadn't had their mini session!).

We endured some tough crowds this year! Naptime for some of the kiddos meant less smiles, some of the kids were just camera shy, and some just wanted NOTHING to do with the process. I took my Dad along as an assistant for instances similar to this-- and he knew just what to do-- put a bucket on his head, of course! Kids loved it! I was definitely grateful to have my Dad their helping me out.

Quick back story; I grew up around photography. My Dad was a photographer (back in the days of film). During my childhood, I was often the subject of my Dad's photography passion and couldn't have been less interested. So it was really neat that my Dad got to see ME work. He's a retired photographer now and just does it as a hobby, but it's still neat to have someone to chat all things photography with.

Without further ado; some favorites from the day (in no particular order) (and the make-up day!):


No comments:

Post a Comment