Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sometimes Everything Just Comes Together- Kara Baker Boston Family Portrait Photographer

... and that is just what happened with this session last weekend. I met the T family midway between my home and their home in New York. I found a hotel in Groton, CT that was about equidistant from us both. Not knowing what I would find in terms of photo session locations, I set out to see if I could find anything that would possibly work. I asked at the front desk, and the concierge pointed me towards a family park down the road. I hopped in my car, hoping that my journey for the perfect local would soon be over. What I found instead was a dog park with walking trails, covered in splotchy light from the sun peeking through the leaf openings in the many, many maples that lined the trail. I noticed my GPS picked up on a State Recreation Park so I headed there next, and to my amazement, it was the most beautiful location in which I have ever had the pleasure of shooting; Fort Griswold State Park. It had a beautiful, bright Red historical house, with a beautiful garden with several different types of wild flowers out front, enclosed by a white picket fence and divided by beautiful pathways. There was beautiful green grass and rolling hills, high retaining walls, and a another small cement building on the other end of the property for yet just one more interesting background. It was a DREAM! Not to mention, it was probably the most perfect lighting situation in which I have ever been lucky enough to shoot! Here are some of my favorites from the session:

1 comment:

  1. Kara the pictures and location to me are exquisite. It is and they are something that you would see in a perfect world, a fairytail.

    Beautifully done as usual and the little girl is beautiful as well. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete