Tuesday, May 18, 2010

M & L Families

A fellow September 08 Mama hired me to capture some photos of her, her husband, and their little boy, Z as well as of her close friend & daughter. What was unique about this shoot is that my own little boy, Eliot, was also invited. Eliot & Z are just two days apart and it was so fun to see the two of them interact. It was also surprising (although, maybe it shouldn't have been) that they were pretty much the exact same height and weight. Eliot had an absolute blast and every time that he saw me editing any of the photos of Z, he would point and smile!

I tried a new location for this shoot; Walden Pond in Concord, MA. Not only was there a $5 entrance fee that I wasn't expecting, but I was hoping to find a nice, large, parkish area to shoot and instead, all we found were trails with splotchy light. Eventually, we came to the pond itself, which acted as one giant reflector and the pond, in relation to where the sun was at that time, created lots of blow outs- not the best lighting scenario, but I made the best of what I had!


No comments:

Post a Comment